We are looking for volunteers – all experience levels are welcome
At First Tee – Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky, we help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
To do this, we need enthusiastic and caring individuals to serve as positive mentors and role models to kids and teens of various backgrounds. Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program.
You don’t have to be a golf pro (or even a good golfer), we will provide the training you need! Our training system is built on research-proven methods of positive youth development, providing coaches with the tools to make kids feel safe, included and empowered.
Our chapters rely on volunteers — sometimes year-round — to accomplish our mission, and not all of those goals involve golf. Most chapters need support off the course as well. These opportunities include:
- Volunteer Coach – Assist First Tee coaches and other volunteers in the delivery of our Golf Course Program
- Outreach – Assist First Tee staff in outreach programming
- Community Events
- By contributing your time and talent, you can directly make an impact in a child’s life.
If you have a passion for impact and want to become a volunteer, fill out the below form and a staff member will be in touch!
Join us in Building Game Changers!
We program on the golf course for six weeks in the spring, summer, and fall. Classes meet 1-2 times per week and last 1 – 1.5 hours on average.
Depending on location, classes are held Monday – Thursday and Saturday during our sessions. Check out our schedule for details on class times and locations.
In order to make the most out of your volunteer experience, we strongly encourage you to attend all the classes in a session. But if you are unable to, you can still volunteer with us! We will work with your schedule to accommodate your availability.
Here is a typical program schedule during the year.
What to Expect as a Volunteer
As a volunteer coach, you will assist our Head Coaches delivering our Golf Course Programs:
- Actively engage with participants during the classes
- Provide mentorship and support to participants
- Demonstrate basic golf skills and etiquette in accordance with the lesson plan
- Collaborate with the coach and other volunteers to effectively deliver the class
- Monitor the safety of participants during the activities
- Foster a positive and inclusive environment for all participants
- Assist with setup and teardown of program equipment
- Participate in additional training sessions or meetings as required
Youth Safety & Requirements
First Tee — GCNKY is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for all participants and adults engaged in our organization. First Tee fully complies with all elements of the Safe Sport Authorization Act, which was enacted to curtail and prevent abuse found at various youth sports organizations by elevating the standard of care by which sports organizations must act.
As part of our onboarding process, all adults are required to complete an online Background Check and Training with the US Center for SafeSport.
Click here to view the SafeSport Policy.
We program at the following locations in the spring, summer, or fall during the year:
- Reeves Golf Course (spring, summer, fall)
- Armco Park Golf Course (spring and summer only)
- Indian Ridge Golf Club (summer only)
- Meadow Links and Golf Academy (spring, summer, fall)
- Neumann Golf Course (spring, summer, fall)
- Potters Park Golf Course (summer only)
- Woodland Golf Course (summer only)
- Miles of Golf (varies)
- The Golf Courses of Kenton County (spring, summer, fall)